30 Apr 2012
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
I just read this article about the Wheeler property in north Alabama and I am disgusted.The Alabama Historical Commission is grossly incompetent and should be abolished. Their duties could be better served by the Conservation Department and the Archives and History. If the AHC will not open General Wheeler's home to the general public, then the property should be given to the Sons of Confederate Veterans. They can operate it and man it with volunteers as they do at Beauvoir in Biloxi Miss. Wheeler was open to the public when it was given to the state in the late 90's and has never been open to the public since. They have spent over ten million dollars of public money for absolutely no results. The AHC is poor mouthing again as they always do and punishing the public in order to extort more money from us. When is enough, enough? Please get rid of these people.
Article from Decatur Daily.
Newer news items:
- Hubbard’s Attorney Seeks to Woo Media while Threatening Critics —Opinion - 07/10/2013 06:46
- Response to Education Reform - 28/05/2013 06:34
- Alabama Cities Censor Political Speech - 11/06/2012 18:01
- Whatley's Bill Not Good for Auburn - 29/05/2012 13:31
- Educator Speaks Out About Charter Schools - 07/05/2012 06:21
Older news items:
- Web Cam Abortions Should Not Be Allowed in Alabama - 24/04/2012 11:49
- Midwife Outraged Over Amendments - 19/04/2012 13:22
- Alabama Can Save Lives by Banning Unsafe "Skype Abortions" - 19/04/2012 10:49
- We should look at how midwives are underutilized - 18/04/2012 10:20
- Reader Speaks Out on Charter Schools - 16/04/2012 13:29