06 Jul 2012
- Last Updated on Monday, 16 July 2012 11:26
- Published Date
From the Office of Bill Armistead, Chairman of the Alabama Republican Party
BIRMINGHAM—Bill Armistead, Chairman of the Alabama Republican Party, released the following statement regarding the June job numbers:
"It's important to remember that 8.2% is not merely a number. It represents millions of Americans who continue to face joblessness in the midst of a deep recession. When he took office, President Obama promised he would fix the economy in three years or risk joining the ranks of the unemployed in the next election," said ALGOP Chairman Bill Armistead.
"The truth is that President Obama's economic policies are not working and that legislation such as the Obamacare Tax depress the likelihood of a business to hire more workers. Every few months Obama has made a speech about the need to focus on the economy and now he's on a bus tour singing the same old song. Fortunately, voters across the nation realize that more of the same failed policies will produce more of the same failed results. We simply cannot endure four more years of painfully high joblessness.
"It's time to hold Obama accountable for not keeping his promise. America needs a change in leadership in the White House. Governor Romney's proven business record has been recognized by even the likes of former President and Obama surrogate, Bill Clinton. Romney is uniquely qualified to provide the leadership our economy needs and finally get America working again."
Newer news items:
- Minority Leader Ford says House Democrats Will Not Seek Restraining Order Over Redistricting - 09/07/2012 15:41
- Report Suggest Evaluation of Incentives Leads to Better Policy - 09/07/2012 07:10
- AG Announces indictment for solicitation to have investigator and judges killed - 09/07/2012 07:08
- Bachus Says That June Jobs Report Shows that Obama “Administration’s Policies Have Failed” - 09/07/2012 07:05
- Obama Signs RESTORE Act into Law - 09/07/2012 07:03
Older news items:
- Some Counties, Cities to Participate in Storm Preparedness Tax Holiday - 06/07/2012 06:54
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Is Reporting Higher Duck Numbers - 06/07/2012 06:47
- U.S. Chamber Cheers Bentley’s Airbus Announcement - 06/07/2012 06:45
- US Supreme Court expected to hear Shelby County's challenge to the Voting Rights Act - 06/07/2012 06:42
- States to Face Choice in Medicaid Expansion - 05/07/2012 06:35